This month, I made made more bug fixes on UtopiaPimp. While the site is huge and collects a lot of data, the data is becoming much more manageable. Other than that, I have been working hard on my new idea sort of discussed in the last paragraph from the last income report. Its coming along nicely. The project it self will be ongoing for a while, but this part of it looks great and actually fully functional. I probably will be able to finish it up for version 1.0 by the end of this coming month.
Show Me The Money:
This month was still great in advertising and actually still getting better. To tell you the truth, this month was probably one of the best in the year.
- DemotivatedPosters.com - $5.35 – Ive never calculated the amount made per website so this is a small number to me. I hope to make more over time.
- DrinkingFor.com - $0.94 – With only 1k people visiting the site, I guess its not bad to make a buck from it.
- UtopiaPimp.com - $82.54 – With over 1k clicks on these ads, I don’t know why im not making more money. I should be making much more and must look into it. Have my clicks are from a button ad just center perfectly right on the screen. I wish Google Adsense had button ads, I think I would be making a lot more than I do at Project Wonderful.
- Project Wonderful - $88.84 – It was a large decrease from months before, and I definitely need to take a month and switch over to adsense and see what more I can make from there.
- AdSense - $129.00 – It was another jump up from months in the passed, but user stats are up on all the sites it is used on.
- MobFox - $13.00 – This is all thanks to my Roller Derby Penalty Timer. Its well over 1,200 downloads now and thats all thanks to it being pushed little by little in the Roller Derby Community.
- PostSecretCollection - $25.00 – Again surprised this month. The numbers just keep going up for selling PostSecret post cards. This site I made a while back allows people to print the postcards and have them mailed to them. I sell each card for $1.97. I made the price as cheap as possible. Paypal eats .40 cents and Postal Methods eats $1.46. That leaves just .11 cents per postcard I can donate towards Suicide Prevention.
- UltimaHosts.net – -$105.00 – With money made, comes expenditures. Here is the hosting company one. We sit on a 2 Core VM with 4 GBs of Ram. Most times the ram is also inching in at 3.7GBs used. So we need more Ram, but at this moment, all of my sites are running in good order.
Subtracting the costs to print, buy, mail, and host these projects, I made a profit of $150.29 this month! While it doesn’t pay my rent, it does pay for an extra few days of day care for my little baby girl!
I hope to fix just a few bugs that pop up with UtopiaPimp this month and maybe even get some time to update its User Interface. This will most definitely make my users extremely happy along with allowing me to grow UtopiaPimp even more. Ive been using the same UI since the start of Pimp in 2002. Its about time for an update.