Its been a better month than usual for a few reasons. While its nothing to write home about, my income over time has been getting better. I think these reports tend to help as well because they do bring in a few more hits on my site.
Ive made a few changes to my applications this month, but no real development on my past apps except for fixing bugs on UtopiaPimp and PostSecretCollection. I had a bad bug on UtopiaPimp this month which halted other development efforts and actually halted most users on UtopiaPimp. It was fixed over a few late nights and my conclusion to it was here.
Show Me The Money:
This month in advertising picked up a lot. There is one main reason for this. I made the move from showing just Project Wonderful Ads to showing both Project Wonderful and Google Ads. This has made a significant uptick in money.
Project Wonderful brought in +$85.52 from all my websites listed here. Down from the $118.00 it brought in last month.
Google Ads brought in +$61.46 from UtopiaPimp.
My Android Application for Roller Derby brought in just +$3.96 from MobFox, which is my Android advertising company. I received another 100 downloads for the free application this month. YAY!
I was surprised, but this month was also extremely good for PostSecretCollection, which brought in +$31.52 from selling the postcards to visitors of the site. While I made a commitment to never make a profit from this site, its good to see the postcards are selling. I sell each postcard for a $1.97. The bulk of the costs don’t even touch me. Paypal takes .40 cents and Postal Methods takes $1.46 on each postcard to print and send it. That leaves me with just a .11 cent profit on each card sold. This was the most popular card sold this month. I actually have this one sitting in my cube at work. It bring inspiration at times when I need it.
This month, I paid out -$85.00 for server costs through UltimaHosts.net. While their support is lacking at times, they are by far the cheapest hosting company I could find without going through Amazon Web Services. I also upgraded my server to the new Hyper-V server they offer. Nothing like Dedicated Ram! I use this server to host all 11 of my websites.
So in all, I made +$182.46 from my sites. Up from +$118.00 from last month.
Subtracting the costs to print, buy, mail and host these projects, I brought in a profit of +$67.70 this month! Thats up from just +$39.09 last month.
I have a project I am working on with a friend of mine. We are both working on it pretty hard. I am working on a desktop part right now, while he is working on the web based interface for it. We hope it will actually change the way people document and watch a specific thing. We have some extremely exciting news, but can’t really talk about it for now. We want to release the “prototype of it first and get people to start using it before we go with big hype. We personally think it has the ability to make big money. On top of that, I will keep working on bugs for UtopiaPimp especially, since that is what pays the vast majority of the server costs.