I had a problem running Tomcat through eclipse and received this error:
Port 8080 required by Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost is already in use. The server may already be running in another process, or a system process may be using the port. To start this server you will need to stop the other process or change the port number(s).
I needed to figure out what was running on port 8080 and couldn't find any other tomcat item. I needed to shut down what ever was running on port 8080 so I could run tomcat through eclipse.
So this is what I figured out.
- Run this command: NETSTAT -p tcp -ano
- find the service running on 8080.
- read the PID.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Dlt and go to the processes tab.
- Goto View->Select Columns-> Enable the PID column.
- Find the PID that matches your cmd list results and go ahead and kill it.
That should work and glad I could help.