BlogEngine.Net 1.XX where have you gone?

Quick Post on problems I am having.

26. March 2008 00:51 by Scott in   //  Tags: ,   //   Comments (14)

So, I am creating a web application over at www.utopiapimp.com , and I am completely renovating the app and converting it from PHP to ASP.net.  Its a huge job but I decided to take it up.  Thought it would be fun. heh.

Today I got there error:
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

I found a workaround and wanted to post it really quick.

Step 1 - You gotta produce the error!
ss0

Step 2 -  Go to Start -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration Tools -> SQL Server Surface Area Configuration.
ss1

Step 3 - Go to Remote connection under Database Engine
ss2

Step 4 - Click on Local and Remote Connections.  Allows the testing group to connect.
ss3

Step 5 - Now, you have to stop and start SQL Server for the changes to take affect, so go back to Service Tab and press Stop and then Start.

Happy Building!

kick it on DotNetKicks.com